The D-Link® DES-1018P/DES-1018MP 18-Port Unmanaged Desktop PoE Switch enables users to easily connect and supply power to PoE-capable devices such as wireless Access Points (APs), IP cameras, and IP phones. The DES-1018P/DES-1018MP can also connect other Ethernet devices like computers, printers, and a Network Attached Storage (NAS) to fit into any type of network application.Power Over Ethernet IEEE 802.3af
The DES-1018P/DES-1018MP features 8 or 16 ports (respectively) that support the IEEE 802.3af PoE protocol. Each of the PoE ports can supply up to 15.4 watts, with a total PoE budget of 80 watts (DES-1018P) or 246.4 watts (DES-1018MP), allowing users to attach an IEEE 802.3af-compliant device to the DES-1018P/DES-1018MP without requiring additional power. PoE is especially suitable for devices that are far from power outlets or when users want to minimize the clutter of extra cables as power is supplied via the Ethernet cables themselves.
- Features 18 networking ports to easily establish a local network or expand your existing one
- Cascade to other network devices through the uplink port to expand your local area network
- Electrical power is transmitted along with data in a single cable to devices such as Access Points, IP cameras or IP phones
- Fast Ethernet technology gives ideal solution for extending network connections to conference rooms, labs, lobbies and department workgroups
- With leading Layer 2 support, experience enhanced convenience, secure business operations, and a borderless network experience
- The unmanaged switch provides a quick, easy and cost-saving way to add wired networking to your home, office or small business; no intervention needed